Saturday 31 December 2011

Memory and memories



Ok, so I know this was supposed to be up yesterday, but I had to go to a birthday party with two of my friends, and came home late, and I couldn't be bothered to turn the computer off, put my memory stick in and turn the computer on. My mum's laptop hates all memory sticks and won't work for about 4 hours if you put one in without warning.
So anyway, I have 5 drawings yesterday, the work TRUTH across my wrist because there was a truth poster in the bowling alley, a tiny, really bad star on my middle finger, because I was bored, a small, I call them charity crosses, you know, like the red cross symbol on my ring finger, and Aladdin's lamp just above my thumb, and a rose across the side of my hand with the words "When the last petal falls", in honor of Beauty and the Beast.

So, yeah, I had two Disney film drawings on my hand yesterday, a) because one of my friends, the one I'm closest too had a FB status which said she got Aladdin for Christmas (just like me) and while I was getting ready for the party it's the main symbol that kept popping up in my head, and b) I didn't want to look like a stalker with the Aladdin thing, so I went for a rose because I also got Beauty and the Beast for Christmas, and so, I felt it wasn't as creepy.
I actually asked for both those films for Christmas because I couldn't remember them that well, and, in the case of Beauty and the Beast, I don't think I've ever actually seen the real movie, though we had a Christmas special, though my parents are sure that I have seen it.
This got me thinking about memory. I know that memories are recreated of every time, so there's bound to be some error, but can you forget all of a movie, apart from just one scene in around, ten, eleven years tops? I doubt it, but you never know.
What I do is that Belle has moved from snooty boring princesses such as Cinderella and Snow White, to awesome princesses with personalities, such as Jasmine and Mulan.
So, what I want to know is what your favorite Disney Princess is? Mine's Jasmine. But I think that's from the fact when I went to ballet around ten years ago, well, I was three/four/five, think four, so twelve years ago, my mum used to give me some princess cards to play snap with the other girls. But I found it boring so I invented a princess fighting game, and Jasmine was the ultimate card, with her her gold spinney boomerang necklace/belt/bracelets and killer stabbing earrings.
I blame this on my dad's love of historic fighting films/books/audio books.

No comments:

Post a Comment