Sunday 20 May 2012

Being arty

I finish my art GCSE, and now I want to get arty. No, this actually came from spending way too much time looking at all the amazing body art on Deviant Art. I was especially interested in the Hunger Games stuff, and became a little bit disappointed. Yes, the eyes were amazing, but a lot of the nail art is quite boring and uninspired. But basically, it was book covers over and over again, and I think with nails (especially if you can use the official Hunger Games nail polishes), you could do something a bit more artistic. Fire patterns are too obvious, but (here's my idea) an arrow going across all the nails one one hand (excluding the thumb) in gold, on a coal black background with little hints of flames, then a mockingjay on the thumb= awesome. But I can't do that yet. Stay tuned.
No, but I wanted to incorporate this idea onto my hand art. This is actually using black, cream and a hint of pink eye shadow with my gold gel pen. Originally I was going to blog on Egypt today, but then I had a sudden urge to do this. The coal dust black is obviously district 12 (the coal mining district), and the cream and pink is the closest I could get to fire colours.


But yes, I am still obsessed with the Hunger Games. I know it's not that good, but I consider this vital course work in my procrastination GCSE.

(edit)
After I wanted a Peeta one to match (by after I mean 1 minute later), so it's on a black background again for 12, with green smudges to represent camouflage as Peeta's a boss at camo “Yes, frosting. The final defense of the dying.” And bread for the boy with bread, and I thought it needed a bit more, so I put real or not real. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment