Friday 25 May 2012

Vein Trees

(I apologies for the terrible quality photo. 3DS, not meant to be for A level stuff. Not that this is, but...)
So this is one of the two big things I'm drawing at the moment, vein trees, as well as peacocks. I've been washing them off every day, and I thought I should blog about it because i'm weird.

So yes, vein trees. It's literally trees I draw over my veins. I don't like looking at veins, especially on my wrist, because I use to self harm, and, ok, sometimes I do get very tempted (arguments, exam pressure, revision pressure, etc.) and when I see veins, I see blood and self harming. And feel kind of sick. Because, i don't know, I just do .It's especially my veins. And recently in lessons, we're constantly revising, and I find myself colouring in/ drawing on my veins. And they look a lot like trees. I went over this one in eye-liner because it makes it look a bit more Japaneses I think.
So this got me thinking about veins and trees, and this song popped into my head.

Yep, the Lion King. Amazing movie, and especially this song. Because everything is linked. Trees look like veins because they're both alive, and they both grow and we need both. Without trees, this planet would be a mess. Without veins we couldn't live. Then we die, and rot, and our atoms go into the trees, then the tree grows fruit and our atoms go into the fruit, then someone else comes and eat the fruit, and we become part of someone else. So our veins become a tree, which becomes another person, which could become a tree, and so on. It's a never ending circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment