Monday 2 January 2012



Ok, so first of all, first picture of my face. I have no idea what possessed me to do so, apart from the fact I love this hoodie, and I thought I looked kinda cute, plus, the pictures all looked a bit same-y today, so I added a bit more.
And second, which I have already mentioned, I love this hoodie, it has thumb holes and a sleeve pocket. A pocket in the sleeve. I mean, it has a zip and everything, and it's really pretty, and it was a Christmas present. And it's already dirty. Not- well it is- but it isn't. My fault that is.
So today is candle themed! Yeah so drawing of a candle, and a lady who lives in the flame. Well, you know the purple bit in the flame, it looks like a woman's dress, except it's obviously got someone in it, from the angle, and the fact- well it looks like there's someone in it. And I think it looks Victorian, and she looks, from her dress and silhouette like she'd me the type of person to have a bun.
So I was pretty much really, really, really bored, and so I decided to burn one of the candles I got for Christmas. I got a load, because I admittedly really like them, especially the smelly ones. I got thrown out of a shop once (very politely and kindly I might add), because I spent two hours with my best friend smelling candles. I am a big lover of Yankee Candles. They just smell so gorgeous (that took 3 attempts for spell check to recognise alone). But the one still burning in my bedroom has no scent. But candles are just so relaxing.
I have this thing where I burn prayers. I feel more confident God knows it when I do (yes, I'm a Christian, if you didn't tell by the fact I have a cross on my hand often), as it's like defiantly pressing the send button on an email. It just feels more sure.
So , final point I wanted to say was this: doesn't a small candle flame look so unworldly. It looks so soft, like a painting, and dreamy, and against a normal background of definite edges and unmoving outlines, it seems like a flame belongs to another dimension or universe. That's also why I feel more certain that my prayers are heard when I burn them are heard by God, because they're almost godly. And then there's the thing where the holy spirit descended like a flame, and, well, sometimes in the Bible when they say like, they mean as. It's a common theme we learnt in RE. Love RE, most epic teacher ever.
PS, because it is in no way related to any of the above, Sherlock's back! I am such a fan girl, but Irene Adler! I mean, she's way too sharp and old-fashion for her. I know she's not organically 21st century, but since they updated Sherlock to this century, they should have done the same to her, not left her in the 80's. She just feels a bit too old-fashioned for the show, and for the character. I much prefer the Sherlock Homes movie version. I might also be listening to it again whilst I type this. But yes, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment